Essilor Varilux X Series
From the inventors of multi-distance lenses.
Varilux gives dynamic clarity and greater comfort whilst providing natural vision near, far and in-between.
Varilux progressive are multifocal lenses for presbyopia (老花), providing clear vision at all distances
Presbyopia (老花) is a condition associated with aging of the eye that results in progressive worsening ability to focus clearly on close objects. The common symptoms a presbyope experience is difficulty reading small prints (eg handphone messages, newspapers or documents on computers) and eyestrain or headache doing near work.
*Available in indices from 1.50 to 1.74
*Available in clear, with Transitions Grey/Brown, XtrActive, Xperio, Prevencia coat, Essicolor tint, FIT
VARILUX PROGRESSIVE LENSES offer a smooth transition from distance vision through intermediate vision to near vision.
Superior vision – Any distance, any situation
We’ve pushed the boundaries to bring you the world’s most advanced mutli-distance lenses.
Wave goodbye to switching between standard reading and distance vision glasses and the limitations of multi-focals, such as the ‘swim’ effect and a narrow field of vision.
Instead, we give you sharp, clear vision and a smooth transition between distances.
5 REASONS TO WEAR VARILUX
Discover five compelling reasons to take advantage of the leading innovations in the Varilux product range.
1. Clear vision at any distance
Near or far, the Varilux range gives you clear vision whatever the distance.
2. Total comfort in any task
Whether at work with a computer, using a smartphone or tablet screen, or simply reading the news paper, the Varilux range provides total comfort.
3. High resolution vision in any light
Varilux Physio lets you enjoy greater contrast and sharpness. The increase in quality is comparable to a full HD TV over a standard television.
4. Dynamic vision steady in motion
Great for sports and staying active, the Varilux range allow you to see perfectly – even in motion. Lenses are tailored to your visual behavior.
5. Quick adaptation
All Varilux lenses are tested and approved by wearers to ensure your satisfaction, including fast and easy adaptation. With Varilux lenses, adaptation is guaranteed.
Varilux is based on market leading innovations:
- SynchronEyes™ – clearer vision from left to right and top to bottom.
- Wavefront Advanced Vision Enhancement™ – sharp vision at any distance, even in low light.
- 4D Technology™ – instant focus as your eyes move around.
- Nanoptix™ – no ‘swim’ effect (where peripheral vision can be slightly altered by the changes that occur at the edge of progressive lenses.)
VARILUX® KEY FIGURES
The very first multi-distance lens was invented in 1959 – it was a Varilux lens.
Half of all multi-distance lenses throughout the world are Varilux – that’s over 400 million wearers.
Essilor, the manufacturers of Varilux and the inventors of multi-distance lenses are among Forbes’ “World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies” in 2014.
- Crizal coat provides optimal vision & durable transparency
Find out more about Essilor here
|Varilux||S Series, Physio 3.0, Comfort 3.0, Liberty 3.0|
Online sale of prescription glasses
The prescription for online sale of spectacles shall be restricted to the following:
- Consumers aged 16 years old and above without any organic eye disease or systemic medical condition that will affect vision; and
- Spectacle for single vision use, with power up to +6.00-6.00/-2.00DC (i.e no prism, curve lenses, progressive lenses, bifocal lenses or free-form single vision lens).
The prescription for online sale of spectacles shall contain the following information in order to be considered a valid prescription:
1. Details of consumer including full name, date-of-birth and contact number.
2. Date of eye examinations done
3. Issue date and expiration date of the prescription (not more than 2 years)
4. Name, work and/or contact address and contact number of the prescriber;
5. Refractive error of the consumer (indicate spherical and cylindrical readings)
6. Inter-pupillary distance reading
7. Back vertex distance (if applicable)
8. Material/design of spectacle frame (if applicable)
9. Written assessment that the consumer does not have any existing organic eye disease or systemic medical condition that will affect vision
10. Statement of advice acknowledged by the consumer to undergo eye checks if the spectacles causes discomfort